Thursday, 5 August 2010

Dealing With Pet Loss

  



Dealing With Pet Loss

Day 21

I've been away for the weekend camping.
It was great and where I took you last year.
I missed your presence.
We went on a beautiful walk which in your younger days you would have loved.
we wouldn't have been able to take you as you were your little back legs wouldn't have taken the miles.
When we got back we stayed at Jule's and I opened the cupboard where all your stuff is.
It caught me by surprise.
Your hair was still in the brush.
For some reason this mad me so sad and I had to get rid of the hair.
I broke down in tears saddened once more at my loss.
Maybe it was the camping trip which set me off or maybe just grief is triggered by things you don't even know will affect you.
Whichever it is it hurts but I know I am more excepting of the fact you have gone.
I guess like anything there will be many trips, many places we went together which won't ever be the same.
At least I have those great memories of you.
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks how fast and slow time goes.
Time is a great healer they say and maybe I should use time in a better way to get the absolute maximum from my life. when it's gone it's gone and you can never get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment