Monday, 19 July 2010

Dog Bereavement



Dog Bereavement

Day 1

These are the thoughts I jotted into my phone on the day I had Sasha put to sleep.

They are the thoughts that crossed my mind as I dealt with my own dog bereavement.

If you are not a dog or pet owner you might not understand how I could feel this way, but I know I why.

Sasha was 12 years 10 months when she passed away. This and the following posts are how I am dealing with my dog bereavement.


My whole body aches
From my teeth my head to the heaviness in my legs.
My heart is sore and my stomach knotted.
I hear myself sigh for no apparent reason and the sense of loss is more than I expected.
I wish she was still here more than anything.
I cannot change time or bring it back.
One thing I know is that once its gone its gone....time.
My teeth ache how can this be?
And the sadness it weighs upon my shoulders like a bar of steel, hanging my head, tightening my chest.
And all the time my mind is thinking I wish you were still here. I hope in time this will ease as long as the memory never fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment