Sunday, 25 July 2010

Understanding How To Deal With The Loss Of A Pet



Understanding How To Deal With The Loss Of A Pet

Day 13

Another weekend drawing to a close.
The first family lunch without you.
It felt very strange as if you were just somewhere else.
Coming home seems to be a bit easier.
I guess I'm getting used to you not greeting me at the door.
Your toys and bed still remain in the same place.
I'm not ready yet to consider doing anything with them.
Tomorrow I need to try and get back into a routine.
I used to be so active with no free time,
Now I spend too much time watching rubbish on telly and moving further away from achieving my goals.
That won't help anything I know.
Keeping busy helps, this weekend has been busy and now I must fill my week evenings.
I don't even know how long I should write this blog for and yet stopping seems to be wrong,
As if I'm moving too quickly away from your memory.
I am comfortable about leaving everything for a few months before getting another dog,
Yet am still confused about feeling so guilty for wanting another one.
I miss your companionship and presence and some how need to fill this void.
Oh the joys of human emotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment