Monday, 19 July 2010

Grieving For A Pet




Grieving For A Pet

Day 2

These are the thoughts I posted to my phone on day 2.

Having made the decision myself to put Sash to sleep, which I never doubted was the right decision, I now find myself on day 2 of grieving for a pet.

The words are again just my immediate thoughts. I hope some of you find them useful or you recognise the same things as you deal in your own way with greiving for a pet.

I thought it might be easier today
But as soon as I am awake my mind begins to remember.
There are all of your things scattered around the house.
Some make me smile but most cause the ache in my body to start again and the tears to fill my eyes.
I have to leave the house today as I need to get out just for a change.
I still miss you like mad and wish you were here although I know you had to go.
I am resigned to the fact this will take time but hope each day will come with less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment